    *do* support <input type="file" />. Is there a control that renders this and
    does the job? If not, I'm a little lost about how I do this in ASP.NET.

    Alex
    =?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBNYWdoZW4=?=, Jun 25, 2007

  2. Hi Alex,

    As I've mentioned in the another thread(Literal control ...), ASP.NET
    Mobile's built-in control collection doesn't contains much powerful
    controls(like the standard asp.net controls) since it may not target
    different kinds of smart devices. However, you can define custom device
    template for those certain devices (for example, for the ones that support
    HTML ). And you can use standard HTML or ASP.NET server controls in
    specific template:

    #ASP.NET 2.0 Mobile Controls - Device Specific Rendering
    http://blogs.msdn.com/gurbir/archive/2006/07/26/Gurbir-Singh-Sethi.aspx

    #Device-Specific Content
    http://dotnetjunkies.com/MobileQuickStart/(5jjcnq45oojwvn45f1fascbz)/doc/Dev
    iceSpecific.aspx

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 26, 2007

  3. Steven -

    Thanks for this. I get it. ALSO: Over the past 2 years or so, I have come to
    know ahead of time, based on who answers my questions, whther the answer will
    be helpful or not. With you, if I see "Steven Cheng" in the response, I'm
    pretty much sure it will be helpful Thanks always.

    Alex

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBNYWdoZW4=?=, Jun 26, 2007
  4. Thank you Alex,

    I'm always glad to be helpful and really appreciate your sincere feedback.
    Also, as you often posts many posts in the newsgroups and work with some
    other engineers, we really appreciate your support to us and welcome to
    hear more feedback from you. Not only on technical but also on service.

    Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 27, 2007