FileUpload control does not recognize having a selected file

Nathan Sokalski

I have a FileUpload control which is inside an UpdatePanel which is inside a
TabPanel. In my code, I use the FileUpload's HasFile and FileContent.Length
properties. However, after I select a file, the HasFile=False, and the
FileContent.Length=0. Why is this? Does it have something to do with the
TabPanel and UpdatePanel being AJAX? If so, what can I do to fix it? Is
there something else I could be doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski

I can accept that it does not work in UpdatePanel, so is this why it does
not work in the TabPanel either, even though I have commented out the
UpdatePanel? Thanks. (I appreciate your control, but because this is not for
personal use, I would prefer not to use third-party controls)

PJ on Development said:
Hi, Nathan

So far, FileUpload control is incompatible with UpdatePanel.

I do have an upload control taht is compatible with the UpdatePanel.
Take a look at http://pjondevelopment.50webs.com/articles/asyncupload.html

Regards,

Paulo Santos
http://pjondevelopment.50webs.com