FileUpload Control - OpenFile Dialog default browse location

Guest

Hi there,

I wanted to know if there is a way to specify the default location the
OpenFileDialog shows when the browse button is pressed on the FileUpload
Control. i.e "c:\program files\". I know this can be done for the win forms
version of the dialog box. I understand that is displays the client side
folder structure and not the server, and I know for a fact that the default
location exists.

What I need to do is intergrate my app with SharePoint and I want to use the
OpeFile dialog to filter certain files in a Document Library based on
metadata that is attached to each file 'record'. I can do the filtering
thing in the OpenFile dialog on a win forms based application and it all
works but now I want to replicate this functionality in a web based app.

Thanks in advance