FileUpload control question

JoeP

Hi All,

I am using the FileUpload control for the ASPX page. How do you disable the
text box portion of that control, so I can force the user only to pick up a
file via the Browser button, and not to type any file name that does not
exists.

Appreciate any feedback or any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Joe

No, can't be done with the standard FileUpload control. The FileUpload
control is very sensitive from a security standpoint, and for that reason it
is not very configurable. Less features means less attack vectors.

Phil H

No, can't be done with the standard FileUpload control. The FileUpload
control is very sensitive from a security standpoint, and for that reason it
is not very configurable. Less features means less attack vectors.

Could also be that Browse button only functionality is not an obvious
requirement and to implement it requires a considerable extension to
the Javascript (it requires more complex client-side behaviour).

In any case, once the user hits the browse button what is there to
stop them typing in the filename box within the windows open file
dialog?