    Appreciate any feedback or any other suggestions.

    Thanks,

    Joe

    JoeP, Oct 11, 2007

  2. No, can't be done with the standard FileUpload control. The FileUpload
    control is very sensitive from a security standpoint, and for that reason it
    is not very configurable. Less features means less attack vectors.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Oct 11, 2007

  3. JoeP

    Phil H Guest

    > No, can't be done with the standard FileUpload control. The FileUpload
    > control is very sensitive from a security standpoint, and for that reason it
    > is not very configurable. Less features means less attack vectors.

    Could also be that Browse button only functionality is not an obvious
    requirement and to implement it requires a considerable extension to
    the Javascript (it requires more complex client-side behaviour).

    In any case, once the user hits the browse button what is there to
    stop them typing in the filename box within the windows open file
    dialog?

    Phil H, Oct 12, 2007