    filename that was selected. I want to know how to retrieve the full
    pathname of the filename selected.

    Marathoner

    marathoner, Mar 14, 2007

  2. marathoner

    Yvonne Guest

    On 14 Mrz., 16:37, "marathoner" <> wrote:
    > When I use the FileUpLoadControl to select a file, I can only retrieve the
    > filename that was selected. I want to know how to retrieve the full
    > pathname of the filename selected.
    >
    > Marathoner

    Hy,
    Why do you need the path? The filecontent is in the PostedFile
    property and the filename in the Filename property.
    Kind regards, Shiny

    Yvonne, Mar 15, 2007

  3. marathoner

    Yvonne Guest

    On 14 Mrz., 16:37, "marathoner" <> wrote:
    > When I use the FileUpLoadControl to select a file, I can only retrieve the
    > filename that was selected. I want to know how to retrieve the full
    > pathname of the filename selected.
    >
    > Marathoner

    Hy,
    Why do you need the path? You have the content of the file in your
    FileUploadControl and you can get it if you call SaveAs.
    Kind regards, Shiny

    Yvonne, Mar 15, 2007
  4. Browser security prevents servers from inspecting a users hard drive. Would
    you want any old web site poking its way around your personal files?
    If you really must do something like that then you'd need to create an
    ActiveX control.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Mar 22, 2007