    How can you set the filename property in the asp:fileupload control? How can
    you persist the value of the chosen filename between postbacks?

    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?QmVydA==?=, May 30, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFuaXNoIEJhZm5h?=, May 30, 2007

  3. thanks

    But how do you set the value of the Fileupload control - filename property
    since it is readonly?

    =?Utf-8?B?QmVydA==?=, May 30, 2007
  4. Hi,
    I dont not in what way you are using FileUpload Control.Are you trying to
    set filename property programatically?.The FileUpLoad control enables you to
    upload file to the server. It displays a text box control and a browse button
    that allow users to select a file to upload to the server.
    The user specifies the file to upload by entering the fully qualified path
    to the file on the local computer (for example, "C:\MyFiles\TestFile.txt") in
    the text box of the control. Alternately, the user can select the file by
    clicking the Browse button and then locating it in the Choose File dialog
    box. The FileUpload control does not automatically save a file to the server
    after the user selects the file to upload. You must explicitly provide a
    control or mechanism to allow the user to submit the specified file. For
    example, you can provide a button that the user clicks to upload the file.
    The code that you write to save the specified file should call the SaveAs
    method, which saves the contents of a file to a specified path on the server.
    Typically, the SaveAs method is called in an event-handling method for an
    event that raises a post back to the server
    For more details refer below links
    http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/standard/fileupload.aspx
    http://aspalliance.com/761_CodeSnip_Working_with_FileUpload_Control
    --
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks and Regards.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFuaXNoIEJhZm5h?=, May 30, 2007
  5. The functions you're requesting are not supported for security reasons.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], May 30, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QmVydA==?=

    Aidy Guest

    > How can you set the filename property in the asp:fileupload control?

    You can't.

    Aidy, May 30, 2007