FileUtils.cp

Michael P. Soulier

--YAMuP2N37TMqsqKK

Hey,

It's great to see that FileUtils has Unix friendly methods, so it feels like
working in the shell. However, I'd prefer to just type cp and not
FileUtils.cp. Is there a way to import those methods into Kernel so I don't
have to qualify them all?

Thanks,
Mike
--=20
Michael P. Soulier <[email protected]>
direction." --Albert Einstein

--YAMuP2N37TMqsqKK

--YAMuP2N37TMqsqKK--

Vincent Fourmond

Hello !
It's great to see that FileUtils has Unix friendly methods, so it feels like
working in the shell. However, I'd prefer to just type cp and not
FileUtils.cp. Is there a way to import those methods into Kernel so I don't
have to qualify them all?

include FileUtils

Vince

Michael P. Soulier

--OcTOUf3JcxRJhNXh

include FileUtils

Ah, perfect. I didn't realize that it was a module.

Mike
--=20
Michael P. Soulier <[email protected]>
direction." --Albert Einstein

--OcTOUf3JcxRJhNXh

--OcTOUf3JcxRJhNXh--

Vincent Fourmond

Michael said:
Ah, perfect. I didn't realize that it was a module.

Try

ri FileUtils

It does say it is a module... And anyway, it is a good reflex to look
at what ri is saying when you'd like to know something ;-) !

Vince

Eero Saynatkari

Michael said:
Hey,

It's great to see that FileUtils has Unix friendly methods, so it feels
like
working in the shell. However, I'd prefer to just type cp and not
FileUtils.cp. Is there a way to import those methods into Kernel so I
don't
have to qualify them all?

FileUtils is a module so you can #include or #extend.