Fill A VB6 Recordset Using The ASP Response Object

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Dan Sikorsky, Apr 10, 2004.

  1. Dan Sikorsky

    Dan Sikorsky Guest

    My old development computer, Windows XP Pro, Visual Basic 6 SP5, used then
    following with success to fill a VB6 recordset from an ASP page, but my new
    computer, Windows XP Pro, Visual Basic 6 SP6, gives an error:
    SomePage.ASP looks like this with no HTML:

    Set xConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    xConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
    Server.MapPath("data/db.mdb")

    Set rst = xConn.Execute("SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT whatever")
    rst.Save Response
    rst.Close
    Set rst = Nothing
    xConn.Close
    Set xConn = Nothing

    VB app looks like this:

    Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset
    rst.Open "http://somedomain.com/asp/somepage.asp"

    The error message upon executing the rst.open statement is:

    Error #3709

    The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed
    or invalid in this context.

    How do I fix the problem?

    Thank you kindly,

    Dan Sikorsky