Fill text box on form with specific date ?

David

Hi,

Quick question:

Using ASP, If I have a text box on a form, how can I auto populate it
when the form loads with the date of the current Friday, i.e.
dd/mm/yyyy

Thanks for your help

David

Evertjan.

David wrote on 02 nov 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
the date of the current Friday

First you have to define "current".

is that "next" or "last" Friday?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

David said:
Hi,

Quick question:

Using ASP, If I have a text box on a form, how can I auto populate it
when the form loads with the date of the current Friday, i.e.
dd/mm/yyyy

What do you consider to be the current Friday? 2004-10-29? Or 2004-11-5?
I will assume it to be the first Friday to follow the current date.

<%
dim today,curFri
curFri=date()
do until weekday(curFri) = vbFriday
curFri= dateadd("d",1,curFri)
loop
curFri = left("0" & day(curFri),2) & "/" & left("0" & month(curFri),2) & _
"/" & year(curFri)
%>
<input value="<%=curFri%>">

Bob Barrows

Dave Anderson

Bob said:
What do you consider to be the current Friday? 2004-10-29? Or
2004-11-5? I will assume it to be the first Friday to follow the
current date.

Certainly not if the current day is a Friday!

--
Dave Anderson