filling dataset from data displayed on Gridview

pintu

Hi.. As we are assigning gridview's datasource to
sqldatasource/dataset/datatabl­e..similarly is the reverse of this
mechanism possible ?i.e. means get the displayed data from datagrid and
fill another dataset with these data....Plz help in solving this
problem....

Thanks
Pintu

Eliyahu Goldin

Pintu,

Datagrid exposes its content via the Items collection. There is nothing
stopping you from looping through the items (rows) and doing whatever you
want with the cell content including building a new dataset.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

Hi.. As we are assigning gridview's datasource to
sqldatasource/dataset/datatabl­e..similarly is the reverse of this
mechanism possible ?i.e. means get the displayed data from datagrid and
fill another dataset with these data....Plz help in solving this
problem....

Thanks
Pintu

pintu

Hi Goldin..
Thanks for the hints provided, but i am unable to find the items
collection of gridview.where as in elder version of .net i was able to
find the items collection of datagrid...So plz reply with some code if
possible..thanks again ..

Eliyahu Goldin

For GridView it is called Rows.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Hi Goldin..
Thanks for the hints provided, but i am unable to find the items
collection of gridview.where as in elder version of .net i was able to
find the items collection of datagrid...So plz reply with some code if
possible..thanks again ..

pintu

Thanks Goldin..I got ur point and now its working fine..

thanks again