Filling table of cell with <input> fields

Shef

I'd like to completely fill the width of a cell in a table with an input
field. This code works ok:

The problem arises when the <input> has a value="text" clause. If "text" is
very long, then the input grows to accommodate it. It will even make the
table wider than the screen.

How do I get the input to be the specified size, and not grow? I'd like the
text to scroll horizontally within the text box, as it does when no
style="width:100%" has been specified.

brucie

The problem arises when the <input> has a value="text" clause. If "text" is
very long, then the input grows to accommodate it.

looks like a bug. it doesn't occur with modern browsers.

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:31:06 -0600, Chris is reported to have
stated:
It happens with IE 6.0. Try it.

As brucie said, it's a bug. It doesn't happen in modern browsers.