Filling table of cell with <input> fields

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Shef, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Shef

    Shef Guest

    I'd like to completely fill the width of a cell in a table with an input
    field. This code works ok:

    The problem arises when the <input> has a value="text" clause. If "text" is
    very long, then the input grows to accommodate it. It will even make the
    table wider than the screen.

    How do I get the input to be the specified size, and not grow? I'd like the
    text to scroll horizontally within the text box, as it does when no
    style="width:100%" has been specified.

    Shef, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Shef

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:>
    Shef said:

    > The problem arises when the <input> has a value="text" clause. If "text" is
    > very long, then the input grows to accommodate it.

    looks like a bug. it doesn't occur with modern browsers.

    --
    brucie
    10/December/2003 09:43:03 am kilo

    brucie, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Shef

    Chris Guest

    > > The problem arises when the <input> has a value="text" clause. If "text"
    is
    > > very long, then the input grows to accommodate it.

    > looks like a bug. it doesn't occur with modern browsers.

    It happens with IE 6.0. Try it.

    Chris, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Shef

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:31:06 -0600, Chris is reported to have
    stated:

    >> looks like a bug. it doesn't occur with modern browsers.
    >>

    > It happens with IE 6.0. Try it.

    As brucie said, it's a bug. It doesn't happen in modern browsers.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Dec 10, 2003