Filling up commands.getstatusoutput's buffer

travislspencer

Hey,

Has anyone ever had commands.getstatusoutput's buffer fill up when
executing a verbose command? If so, what workaround did you use?
Did you just pipe the output into a file and then read it in or
fork a processes or something else?

Jeff Epler

Hey,

Has anyone ever had commands.getstatusoutput's buffer fill up when
executing a verbose command? [...]

How much output are you talking about? I tried outputs as large as
about 260 megabytes without any problem. (RedHat 9, Python 2.2)
262144000

Jeff

travislspencer

Jeff said:
On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:10:49PM -0700, (e-mail address removed) wrote:
How much output are you talking about?

Honestly, I don't know. I came on to a project were they said they
were hitting up against some limit, and had a hack to work around it.
I just wondered if others had hit some limit too and found diffrent
workarounds.
I tried outputs as large as
about 260 megabytes without any problem. (RedHat 9, Python 2.2)

262144000

I tried the same tests on CentOS, Python 2.3.4 and on Solaris 9 w/
Python 2.3.3. No problems.