    methods that dump all the packet contents.

    Thanks

    -eva
    iexpl, Jan 14, 2004

  2. iexpl

    Toddy Marx Guest

    iexpl wrote:

    > Is there a pre-written filter that dumps out all the https
    > request/response received by an Apache server?

    You can try httpunit (http://httpunit.sourceforge.net). I know it
    supports https but i only used it on http so far.

    // import http unit testing
    import com.meterware.httpunit.*;
    // simulate a browser
    WebConversation wc = new WebConversation();
    // create a request
    WebRequest request = new WebRequest(myUrl.toString());
    // submit request to myUrl and get the servers response
    WebResponse response = wc.getResponse(request);
    // query httpunit response object
    String responseText = response.getText();
    String responseHeader = response.toString();

    The com.meterware.httpunit.WebRequest and
    com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse classes are pretty powerful. They
    offer a lot of functionality that helps configuring the request and
    analysing the servers response.

    Look here for information on httpunits https support:
    http://httpunit.sourceforge.net/doc/sslfaq.html

    L8er,
    ~Toddy

    --
    Toddy Marx (email contains no z)
    Toddy Marx, Jan 14, 2004

  3. iexpl <> wrote:
    : Is there a pre-written filter that dumps out all the https
    : request/response received by an Apache server?

    Why do you need this?
    If you only need to look at the data then I would suggest that you
    look at ethereal. It is a program that can be used to capture network
    traffic. Inspecting the data on the wire is often better than trying
    to insert some filter...

    I do not know of any easy way to add a filter to apache so I can not
    help you with that, but if you tell us why you need this maybe I know
    something more.

    /robo
    Robert Olofsson, Jan 14, 2004