filtering from multiple dropdownlists

DevCon7

I created a datagrid which populates data from sql server. There about
8 columns on the grid I need to be able to filter on. I did setup
several dropdownlists and was sucessfully able to filter based on and
"AND" crietia.

ex. CITY = "SSDF" AND STATE ="OK" AND PHONE = "325-695-9656" AND
.....etc etc ...

This part seems fine, but my users need to be able to filter somtimes
on AND and somtimes on OR, but it seems that I have to specify it one
way or the other.

Is there a way to collect the criteria and and pass it to the
datasource at runtime. or any other suggestions as to how I should go
about doing this.

Thanks

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

I'm not sure I understand your problem. If the user filters, collect the
filter and rerun the filter mechanism on the data source. Why does that not
work?