Filtering results from MultiSelect Form field.

TomT

Hi,

First, thanks to all who have helped me over the last few weeks !!

I have a form that allows the user to select multiple options.

These are user names:

Fred S
Bob D
Paul G
Dave O

When the form is submitted, I'm getting the details using

user = request.form("user")

this is returning the mutliple options.

What I would like to do is pass all the options to 'user' but at one
point on the results page only show the first user selected, not the
multiple selection.

Can this be done ??

Thanks

TomT

As an update:

I don't need to extract each individual user.

I want to create 2 variables:

user1 = first user from the multiple selection

user2 = all selected users.
(I can get this info - If I select 3 people, I get: Fred S, Bob D,
Paul G)

Cheers

TomT

Sorted using :

<%
user = request.form("user")
user1 = Split( user, "," )

response.write "All Selected Users " & user & "<br>"
response.write "Main Event Contact " & user1(0) & "<br>"
%>

However I know have a new problem..

If I select 3 users:

Paul, Dave, Mark

Is there any way to have the first name clicked as the first name in
the results ?

IE: If I click Paul, then Mark
the results would be Paul, Mark

Howvever, If I click Mark, then Paul