Filtering results from MultiSelect Form field.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by TomT, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. TomT

    TomT Guest

    Hi,

    First, thanks to all who have helped me over the last few weeks !!

    I have a form that allows the user to select multiple options.

    These are user names:

    Fred S
    Bob D
    Paul G
    Dave O

    When the form is submitted, I'm getting the details using

    user = request.form("user")

    this is returning the mutliple options.

    What I would like to do is pass all the options to 'user' but at one
    point on the results page only show the first user selected, not the
    multiple selection.

    Can this be done ??

    Thanks
    TomT, Aug 20, 2004

  2. TomT

    TomT Guest

    As an update:

    I don't need to extract each individual user.

    I want to create 2 variables:

    user1 = first user from the multiple selection

    user2 = all selected users.
    (I can get this info - If I select 3 people, I get: Fred S, Bob D,
    Paul G)

    Cheers

    TomT, Aug 20, 2004

  3. TomT

    TomT Guest

    Sorted using :

    <%
    user = request.form("user")
    user1 = Split( user, "," )

    response.write "All Selected Users " & user & "<br>"
    response.write "Main Event Contact " & user1(0) & "<br>"
    %>

    However I know have a new problem..

    If I select 3 users:

    Paul, Dave, Mark

    Is there any way to have the first name clicked as the first name in
    the results ?

    IE: If I click Paul, then Mark
    the results would be Paul, Mark

    Howvever, If I click Mark, then Paul