Filters, Struts Actions, and Tomcat

Discussion in 'Java' started by rjweytens, Jun 30, 2004.

  1. rjweytens

    rjweytens Guest

    ***If this message posts twice, it is because I am submitting it again
    since I did not get a confirmation of submission ***

    I want to use a filter in my struts web app to perform a forward to an
    action under certain conditions. I don't know how to get a filter to
    forward to another action correctly. Does anyone have any
    suggestions?

    I have tried to do this using a RequestDispatcher object, and the page
    comes up but it looks like the style sheet was never applied.

    The filter is working, as I said it does the forward and I can also
    write log messages out of it. My forward code is below:

    String target = new String("/Search.do");
    RequestDispatcher requestDispatcher =
    request.getRequestDispatcher(target);
    requestDispatcher.forward(request,response);

    I am using Tomcat 4.1.30.

    Thanks,

    Randy
    rjweytens, Jun 30, 2004