fimecmp.dircmp

Robin Siebler

I thing this will do what I need, if I can figure out how to use it!
I have a few questions (another component with sparse documentation!):

report() - Print (to sys.stdout) a comparison between a and b.
How can I assign this to a variable? I tried

foo = filecmp.dircmp('d:\\basedata', 'd:\\results')
results = foo.report_partial_closure()

This didn't assign anything to results, instead it printed it out to
the screen where I can't do anything with it.

left_only
Files and subdirectories only in a.

right_only
Files and subdirectories only in b.

I tried foo.right_only, but all I got is []. However, the report
shows 'Only in d:\results\GenXRD_Output : ['BAD_LOCALE_2']', so
foo.right_only should report something.