    as UDP packets

    Thanks in advance.

    , Jan 7, 2007

  2. Daniel Pitts Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am taking a course in java programming as part of my B.Sc in computer
    > science
    > And for the final project i need to create a sockets based multithreads
    > server
    > I would like to create a streaming media server and a j2me client
    > running on mobile devices,
    > The media should be sent using the UDP protocol.
    > Since i need to focus on the communication side
    > I am looking for a package which can break video file into frames which
    > can be sent
    > as UDP packets
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Look into JMF.
    Java Media Framework.

    Daniel Pitts, Jan 7, 2007

    Thanks.can it be used to break a file into suitable packets?

    Daniel Pitts wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I am taking a course in java programming as part of my B.Sc in computer
    > > science
    > > And for the final project i need to create a sockets based multithreads
    > > server
    > > I would like to create a streaming media server and a j2me client
    > > running on mobile devices,
    > > The media should be sent using the UDP protocol.
    > > Since i need to focus on the communication side
    > > I am looking for a package which can break video file into frames which
    > > can be sent
    > > as UDP packets
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.

    > Look into JMF.
    > Java Media Framework.

    , Jan 8, 2007
  4. Daniel Pitts wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>I am taking a course in java programming as part of my B.Sc in computer
    >>science
    >>And for the final project i need to create a sockets based multithreads
    >>server
    >>I would like to create a streaming media server and a j2me client
    >>running on mobile devices,
    >>The media should be sent using the UDP protocol.
    >>Since i need to focus on the communication side
    >>I am looking for a package which can break video file into frames which
    >>can be sent
    >>as UDP packets
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance.

    > Look into JMF.
    > Java Media Framework.

    The course assignment might have restrictions on use of third-party
    libraries. After all, with the right third party libraries a LOT of
    assignments of this nature may reduce to a trivial

    public static void main (String [] args) {
    Foo foo = new Foo();
    foo.bar();
    }

    Mind you, creating a client *and* a server probably requires at least
    two of the above, no matter what library you use...:)

    (Remember that it's possible, using the *core Java libraries only*, to
    make a very crude but semifunctional Web browser in a handful of lines
    of code, most of which call into Swing and instantiate a window with an
    HTML-rendering text pane class buried somewhere in javax.*...yes, a Web
    browser! I wouldn't be surprised if J2EE adds the capability for a
    three-liner to be a basic but functional HTTP server. If JMF is at all
    comparably-capable for media services, it isn't hard to extrapolate.)

    John Ersatznom, Jan 8, 2007
  5. Daniel Pitts Guest

    [top posting corrected]
    wrote:
    > Daniel Pitts wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I am taking a course in java programming as part of my B.Sc in computer
    > > > science
    > > > And for the final project i need to create a sockets based multithreads
    > > > server
    > > > I would like to create a streaming media server and a j2me client
    > > > running on mobile devices,
    > > > The media should be sent using the UDP protocol.
    > > > Since i need to focus on the communication side
    > > > I am looking for a package which can break video file into frames which
    > > > can be sent
    > > > as UDP packets
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance.

    > > Look into JMF.
    > > Java Media Framework.

    > Thanks.can it be used to break a file into suitable packets?

    A: Because top posting makes it hard to follow
    Q: Why?
    A: Put it bellow.
    Q: Should I put my reply above or below the quote.

    To answer your question... I don't know, look it up yourself.

    Daniel Pitts, Jan 8, 2007
  6. Daniel Pitts wrote:

    > A: Because top posting makes it hard to follow
    > Q: Why?
    > A: Put it bellow.

    A very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal)?
    Or did sir, perhaps mean, 'below'.*

    > Q: Should I put my reply above or below the quote.

    * Though it made for a (slightly) funny joke, my
    note has a deeper meaning. People who read
    that but are not familiar with english might do a
    search on 'bellow' - and get very confused.

    OTOH, on-top/under, first/last, before/after..
    are all clearer ( and easier to spell ;).

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 8, 2007