    Galsaba Guest

    anyone knows the formula for Finding a distance between two zip codes?

    Joe

    Galsaba, Jul 17, 2004

  2. On 17 Jul 2004 20:55:05 GMT, Galsaba wrote:

    > anyone knows the formula for Finding a distance between two zip codes?

    Do you even know the locations?

    The geometry from latitude and longtitude
    is fairly straighforward.

    More difficult if you want a 'distance by road'
    (in fact, that is where the problem gets very
    interesting, and it is what I suspect your
    homework is actually asking for)

    At this stage, given the level of your question,
    you should be asking it on c.l.j.help.

    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jul 17, 2004

  3. Galsaba

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 17 Jul 2004 20:55:05 GMT, (Galsaba) wrote or quoted
    :

    >anyone knows the formula for Finding a distance between two zip codes?

    You can do it approximately with a table that looks up the first three
    digits and converts to state. Calculate distance between state
    centres.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jul 18, 2004