    correctly to find this info.

    Thanks,

    Matt Kruse

    Matt Kruse, May 26, 2010

  2. Re: Find all event listeners on a link, including delegatedlisteners?

    On Wed, 26 May 2010 11:09:22 -0700, Matt Kruse wrote:

    > What is the best way to find out what happens when I click a link, what
    > function calls are fired, and on what elements they are attached to as
    > listeners?

    May not get you everything, but as an idea try this:

    Turn on profiling, click a button, then turn profiling back off.

    Jeremy J Starcher, May 26, 2010

  3. Matt Kruse

    nick Guest

    On May 26, 2:09 pm, Matt Kruse <> wrote:
    > I'm trying to reverse-engineer a page (Facebook, in particular) and
    > figure out what happens when a certain link is clicked. For this
    > exercise, I only care about Firefox.

    Give one of the dev builds of chromium a shot...

    > What is the best way to find out what happens when I click a link,
    > what function calls are fired, and on what elements they are attached
    > to as listeners?

    Open the debug console, click scripts tab (in chromium, don't remember
    firebug equivalent), hit the pause button (looks like two vertical
    lines), click the link.

    > I have Firebug, of course, but perhaps I don't know how to use it
    > correctly to find this info.

    Try the developer tools in chrome, you'll never look back.

    nick, May 28, 2010