Find out username and UID/GID

Florian Lindner

Hello,
how can I find out the username and it's UID and GID on a linux system,
using the most recent python version? If possible, without the use of extra
libraries.
Thanks,
Florian

Paul Rubin

Florian Lindner said:
how can I find out the username and it's UID and GID on a linux system,
using the most recent python version? If possible, without the use of extra
libraries.

os.getuid(), os.getgid()

Gerrit Holl

Florian said:
how can I find out the username and it's UID and GID on a linux system,
using the most recent python version? If possible, without the use of extra
libraries.
('gerrit', 'x', 500, 500, 'Gerrit Holl', '/home/gerrit', '/bin/bash')

I think there is a simpler way for the last one in the docs, but I'm not
entirely sure.

yours,
Gerrit.