Find specific text on an opened page

melvynm

I'd like to run a script as a plugin for my browser which:

1. Opens a page with the current URL as a variable:
window.open('http://tinyurl.com/create.php?url='+ document.location);

2. Searches that page for a string. The string will be a URL of which
I'll only know the first half (I'll know "http://www.tinyurl.com/" but
won't know the 1-5 character string which comes after it e.g.
http://tinyurl.com/5hv45)

3. Copies the whole string (including the previously unknown part) to a
variable which I can then use.

Is this at all possible?