    Hi, if I want to read the string functions source code (i.e. strcpy,
    strtok etc.) where
    can I find them?
    xdevel, Oct 11, 2006

  2. xdevel

    Guest

    xdevel wrote:

    > Hi, if I want to read the string functions source code (i.e. strcpy,
    > strtok etc.) where
    > can I find them?

    There isn't a single set - implementers can implement them as they
    like.

    Some implementations are proprietary and you won't be able to examine
    them.
    Others are fall into various categories of "open source", "public
    domain" etc...

    You can find some pointers in this thread:-
    <http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.lang.c/browse_frm/thread/547c1ec43067a4a3/b2358df269361d89#b2358df269361d89>

    You could also use Google's code search facilities, like this:-
    <http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=file%3Astrtok.c&btnG=Search+Code>
    , Oct 11, 2006

  3. xdevel

    xdevel Guest

    ha scritto:

    > xdevel wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, if I want to read the string functions source code (i.e. strcpy,
    > > strtok etc.) where
    > > can I find them?

    oh sorry I wanted glibc linux implementation

    > You can find some pointers in this thread:-

    > You could also use Google's code search facilities, like this:-
    > <http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=file%3Astrtok.c&btnG=Search+Code>

    good thanks :)
    xdevel, Oct 11, 2006
  4. xdevel

    santosh Guest

    xdevel wrote:
    > ha scritto:
    > > xdevel wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi, if I want to read the string functions source code (i.e. strcpy,
    > > > strtok etc.) where
    > > > can I find them?

    > oh sorry I wanted glibc linux implementation

    Why don't you Google for it? Anyway, here's the link:
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/>

    Take note though that GNU libc sources are not the easiest to
    comprehend. You could also have a look at others like OpenBSD libc,
    FreeBSD libc, dietlibc etc. Again use Google to locate them.
    santosh, Oct 11, 2006
  5. xdevel wrote:
    > Hi, if I want to read the string functions source code (i.e. strcpy,
    > strtok etc.) where
    > can I find them?

    Google source search. Linux distro. BSD distro.
    Clever Monkey, Oct 11, 2006