    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Aug 1, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Hans Kesting Guest

    > HI I have a stored procedure that returns data with a date field in
    > the form
    > of a DateTime type. I need to place data in variables based on days
    > of the
    > week starting with the first thursday of the month. So the week would
    > be
    > week 1= (first thursday of the month through the next wed). So for
    > example
    > for July 07 the first thursday is july5th so the first week would be
    > thursday
    > july 5th , friday july 6th, sat july 7th, sun july 8th, mon july 9th,
    > tue
    > july 10th and wed july 11th. The second week would start with
    > thursday july
    > 12. I think I can do this if I can just get the first thursday of the
    > month
    > of the date that is read in but not quite sure how to do this? I am
    > also
    > passing in the day of the week string (mon, tue) ect from the same
    > stored
    > procedure.
    > Thanks Paul.

    Find out what day the first of that month is, then you know how many
    days to add to get to the first thursday.

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, Aug 1, 2007

  3. Hi thanks for the response. Yes I think what I need is the integer value of
    the first thursday of the month. I currently have read in the date as a
    datetime type. Just wondering how to get the first day of the month?
    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Aug 1, 2007
  4. re:
    !> Just wondering how to get the first day of the month?

    public static DateTime GetFirstDayInMonth(DateTime dt)
    {
    DateTime dtRet = new DateTime(dt.Year, dt.Month, 1, 0,0,0); return dtRet;
    }

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 1, 2007
  5. "Paul" <> wrote in message

    > Hi thanks for the response. Yes I think what I need is the integer value
    > of
    > the first thursday of the month. I currently have read in the date as a
    > datetime type. Just wondering how to get the first day of the month?

    DateTime dtmToday = DateTime.Now;
    DateTime dtmFirstOfMonth = new DateTime(dtmToday.Year, dtmToday.Month, 1);

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 1, 2007
  6. Thanks for the replies, it works!
    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Aug 1, 2007
  7. "Paul" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks for the replies, it works!

    DateTime dtmToday = DateTime.Now;
    DateTime dtmFirstOfMonth = new DateTime(dtmToday.Year, dtmToday.Month, 1);
    DateTime dtmFirstThursday = dtmFirstOfMonth;
    while (dtmFirstThursday.DayOfWeek != DayOfWeek.Thursday)
    {
    dtmFirstThursday = dtmFirstThursday.AddDays(1);

    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 1, 2007