Find the functions being called in a C file

Ahmed S. Badran

Hi,

Is there a tool that would parse a C file and tell me the list of functions
that are being called in the file. The C file includes header files for the
functions being used.

Also is there a tool that would give me a full 'tree' of what functions are
being called from a C file, that is if function A calls function B, which
calls function C, then I need to know that function B & function C are being
called, anything that can do that?

Ahmed

Vijay Kumar R Zanvar

Ahmed S. Badran said:
Hi,

Is there a tool that would parse a C file and tell me the list of functions
that are being called in the file. The C file includes header files for the
functions being used.

Also is there a tool that would give me a full 'tree' of what functions are
being called from a C file, that is if function A calls function B, which
calls function C, then I need to know that function B & function C are being
called, anything that can do that?

Ahmed

See here one of R. Heathfield's postings:
news:[email protected]

Emmanuel Delahaye

Ahmed S. Badran said:
Is there a tool that would parse a C file and tell me the list of
functions that are being called in the file. The C file includes header
files for the functions being used.

Also is there a tool that would give me a full 'tree' of what functions
are being called from a C file, that is if function A calls function B,
which calls function C, then I need to know that function B & function C
are being called, anything that can do that?

Doxygen is famous and powerful.

http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/

Ed Morton

Ahmed said:
Hi,

Is there a tool that would parse a C file and tell me the list of functions
that are being called in the file. The C file includes header files for the
functions being used.

Also is there a tool that would give me a full 'tree' of what functions are
being called from a C file, that is if function A calls function B, which
calls function C, then I need to know that function B & function C are being
called, anything that can do that?

Ahmed

Taks a look at cscope (http://cscope.sourceforge.net) and it's GUI
front-end, cbrowser (http://cbrowser.sourceforge.net). You might also
find something useful, for a charge, in the revtools package from Bell
Labs (http://www.bell-labs.com/project/wwexptools/paypackages.html).

Ed.