Find treeview control in edit template of formview

Chris

I have treeview control I want to populate progamatically. It will sit in
the edit and insert template of a formview. If I want to reference it with
Formview1.FindControl("treeview1") and populate it, which formview event do
I put the population code and how do I reference it. When I use the
following code I keep getting an object not instantiated error.

Dim tw As New Treeview
tw = FormView1.FindControl("treeview1")
Try to use the treeview .... error