FindControl by type?

TR

I have an asp:panel that contains a variety of controls, including
checkboxes and HtmlGenericControls. I can find the panel in codebehind using
FindControl(id), but then I want to either:

a) iterate all of the controls in the panel's Controls collection and, if
the control is a checkbox ..., or
b) find only the checkboxes in the panel and iterate through them

Using approach a) how do I determine if the current control is a checkbox?

Dim Crtl as System.Web.UI.Control
For Each Ctrl in MyPanel.Controls
If Ctrl ....

Is b) possible server-side? Is there a Find By Control Type?

Thanks for the help.
TR

Axel Dahmen

Dim Crtl as System.Web.UI.Control
For Each Ctrl in MyPanel.Controls
If TypeOf Ctrl Is CheckBox Then

HTH,
Axel Dahmen

TR

Thanks, Axel. Perhaps you could help with another related question? If I
wanted to create a *generic* class to look for all instances of a specified
type of control in a given container, how would I specify the type? Given
the following signature, how would the blank be filled in, in the If
TypeOf... line? Is there a function that takes a string name for a type and
returns an object that makes sense to TypeOf ...?

Public Sub FindType(ByVal MyContainer as System.Web.UI.Control, ByVal mytype
as String)
Dim Ctrl as System.Web.UI.Control
For Each Ctrl in MyContainer.Controls
If TypeOf Ctrl is ___________ Then
End If
Next
End Sub

Thanks again.
TR

Axel Dahmen

Hi, TR,

Schau mal unter "Type-Klasse" bzw. "Type class" in der MSDN-Hilfe. Mit der
Type-Klasse, z.B.:

Dim t As Type = GetType(Array)
If t.FullName = ....

oder