Findcontrol not working in VB

tshad

I am using sample code from C# and am trying to convert it to VB.Net in my
aspx page.

This works in C#:

DataGrid oGrid = (DataGrid)oItem.FindControl("DataGrid1");

I have tried all kinds of combinations trying to get it to work:

Dim oGrid as DataGrid
oGrid =
CType(DataGrid,DataList1.Items[DataList1.SelectedIndex].FindControl("DataGrid1"))

Gives me this error:

'DataGrid' is a type and cannot be used as an expression.

Dim oGrid as DataGrid
oGrid = DataList1.Items[DataList1.SelectedIndex].FindControl("DataGrid1"))

Gives me this error:

Value of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataListItemCollection' cannot be
converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid'.

Dim oGrid as DataGrid =
DataList1.Items[DataList1.SelectedIndex].FindControl("DataGrid1"))

Gives me:

Identifier expected.
**************************************************************************************************************

Dim oGrid as new DataGrid =
DataList1.Items[DataList1.SelectedIndex].FindControl("DataGrid1"))

Gives me:

End of statement expected.

How do I make this work?

Thanks,

Tom.

tshad

Never mind.

The correct line should be:

Dim oGrid as DataGrid =
CType(DataList1.Items(DataList1.SelectedIndex).FindControl("DataGrid1"),DataGrid)

Tom