findcontrol

nicholas

I have a page on which several dropdownlists are placed dynamically.
So, sometimes there are no ddl's and sometimes there a are let's say 10
ddl's.

These ddl's are created in my code.

Now, that is no problem. The problem is that when I want to INSERT values
INTO a table in my database, I should be able to get the value of the
selecteditem of the dropdowns.
And as these controls are not realy on the page, I always get an error.
(object reference not set to an instance of an object)

I tried several combinations with findcontrol, but nothing works...

Any help is appreciated ! THX

Here is 1 of my tries:

############# code ########
if txt_counter.text > 0 then 'this tells me how
much dropdownlists were created on page load (they were named: dd_1, dd_2,
etc)

Dim counter as integer

for counter=1 to txt_counter.text

Dim mydropdown1 As dropdownlist =