    Also, are there any sites (besides webhostmagazine.com) that offer ASP.net
    reviews?

    Thanks.
    Vaughn, Apr 19, 2004

  2. I've had very good experience for the past year and a half using:
    www.webhost4life.com

    after very bad experiences with Brinkster (along with many others at the
    time).

    They bill you for a full 12 months at a time. They are most attractively
    priced.
    Shop around, but my inclination is your price point is a bit too low if you
    are looking for SQL Srvr support
    and not to be billed annually. I highly recommend webhost4life for what
    it's worth.

    Good luck.

    --
    Peter O'Reilly
    Peter O'Reilly, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Vaughn,

    This is my own personal opinion and not Microsoft's, but I use eHostingBiz
    for several ASP.NET sites that I do outside of work and have found them to
    be reliable and inexpensive. http://www.ehostingbiz.com.

    Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
    ASP.NET
    Developer Support

    --------------------
    >From: "Vaughn" <>
    >Subject: Finding a reliable and inexpensive ASP.Net Hoster... suggestions?
    >Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:57:08 -0400
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    .phx.gbl

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Apr 19, 2004
  4. Vaughn

    Vaughn Guest

    Why was Brinkster a bad experience? Was it the price of were there other
    factors?

    Thanks.

    Vaughn, Apr 19, 2004
  5. I just signed up at webhost4life after hearing similar good things, but I'm too new there to have an opinion yet. They make you pay for the year up front, but you can get a refund on the unused months if you quit. Best thing to me is that they offer unlimited domains and subdomains, so if you're playing around with various ideas for domains but don't want to pay for an account for each one you can lump them together. Also worth checking out is discountasp.net; main reason I didn't go with them for starters is the additional charges for domains, and that they don't have any options for dedicated servers. Good luck

    ----- Peter O'Reilly wrote: ----

    I've had very good experience for the past year and a half using
    www.webhost4life.co

    after very bad experiences with Brinkster (along with many others at th
    time)

    They bill you for a full 12 months at a time. They are most attractivel
    priced
    Shop around, but my inclination is your price point is a bit too low if yo
    are looking for SQL Srvr suppor
    and not to be billed annually. I highly recommend webhost4life for wha
    it's worth

    Good luck

    --
    Peter O'Reill
    =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBCb3Jn?=, Apr 19, 2004
  6. Vaughn

    Vaughn Guest

    I was looking through www.webhost4life.com and it looks pretty good. For
    $10, you get 150MB of MySQL and SQL Server. And although you pay annually,
    they will refund the remaining months (which I don't think Brinkster has) if
    you wish to cancel. Their only limit is that they give you 150MB of space.
    But it loooks pretty good.

    Vaughn, Apr 19, 2004
  7. Vaughn

    Vaughn Guest

    Knowing that I get a refund for any unused months is what makes webhost4life
    a good option. Since I'm not 100% sure that what I'll be doing with the site
    will actually work, if I decide to drop it within a month, I know I'll get
    my money back. Also, they give you 150MB of SQL Server space, which is much
    mroe than most other hosters give you.

    Vaughn, Apr 19, 2004
  8. Just FYI, WebHost4Life and eHostingBiz are the same company.

    Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
    ASP.NET
    Developer Support

    --------------------
    >From: "Peter O'Reilly" <!N!O!.S!P!AM!>
    >Subject: Re: Finding a reliable and inexpensive ASP.Net Hoster...

    suggestions?

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Apr 19, 2004
  9. > Why was Brinkster a bad experience? Was it the price of were there other
    > factors?

    Not price, just very poor service - software and customer response wise.
    Googling and reading other message boards conveyed the same. I can't
    recall the details other than I couldn't get an ASP.NET app to run in their
    environment. This was beta, final release time of .NET was and the VS.NET
    home page provided a list of .NET providers. I tried a bunch of .NET
    hosting providers, many with free trial periods, including Brinkster. Of the
    lot - Brinkster was by far the worst.
    Perhaps they've got their act together and things have improved. I haven't
    cared to take notice - as webhost4life has worked well for me.
    --
    Peter O'Reilly
    Peter O'Reilly, Apr 19, 2004