    some newgroup where this may be posted.

    Thanx for any help in advance ...

    , Sep 17, 2005

  2. Alex Fraser Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone suggest an algorithm to find the anagrams
    > of a string (using dictionary words as an input).
    > If you feel this is not a relevant C question please suggest
    > some newgroup where this may be posted.

    comp.programming would be better. There are lots of ways to do this. Hint:
    the word "was" has one A, one S and one W. So does the word "saw", which is
    an anagram of "was".

    Alex

    Alex Fraser, Sep 17, 2005

  3. Mabden Guest

    "Alex Fraser" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone suggest an algorithm to find the anagrams
    > > of a string (using dictionary words as an input).
    > > If you feel this is not a relevant C question please suggest
    > > some newgroup where this may be posted.

    > comp.programming would be better. There are lots of ways to do this.

    Hint:
    > the word "was" has one A, one S and one W. So does the word "saw",

    which is
    > an anagram of "was".

    Workhome is an anagram for...

    --
    Mabden

    Mabden, Sep 18, 2005
  4. Mabden said:

    > "Alex Fraser" <> wrote in message
    >> <> wrote in message
    >> > Can anyone suggest an algorithm to find the anagrams
    >> > of a string (using dictionary words as an input).
    >> > If you feel this is not a relevant C question please suggest
    >> > some newgroup where this may be posted.

    >> comp.programming would be better. There are lots of ways to do this.

    > Hint:
    >> the word "was" has one A, one S and one W. So does the word "saw",

    > which is
    >> an anagram of "was".
    >>

    > Workhome is an anagram for...

    I get 20160 different answers for this from my anagram program, but I'm
    guessing the one you mean is:

    mworekoh

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/2005

    Richard Heathfield, Sep 18, 2005
  5. Richard Heathfield wrote:

    > Mabden said:
    >
    > > "Alex Fraser" <> wrote in message
    > >> <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> comp.programming would be better. There are lots of ways to do this.

    > > Hint:
    > >> the word "was" has one A, one S and one W. So does the word "saw",

    > > which is
    > >> an anagram of "was".
    > >>

    > > Workhome is an anagram for...

    > I get 20160 different answers for this from my anagram program, but I'm
    > guessing the one you mean is:
    >
    > mworekoh

    how, o kmer?

    Wolfgang Riedel, Sep 19, 2005
  6. Wolfgang Riedel said:

    > Richard Heathfield wrote:
    >>
    >> Mabden said:
    >>
    >> > "Alex Fraser" <> wrote in message

    >> > Hint:
    >> > which is
    >> >>

    >> > Workhome is an anagram for...

    >> I get 20160 different answers for this from my anagram program, but I'm
    >> guessing the one you mean is:
    >>
    >> mworekoh
    >>

    > how, o kmer?

    o.k., he worm!

    (Can we take the other 20157 followups as read?)

    Richard Heathfield, Sep 19, 2005
  7. Mabden Guest

    > Wolfgang Riedel said:
    >
    > > Richard Heathfield wrote:

    this.

    "saw",

    > >> I get 20160 different answers for this from my anagram program, but

    I'm
    > >> guessing the one you mean is:
    > >>
    > >> mworekoh
    > >>

    > > how, o kmer?

    > o.k., he worm!
    >
    > (Can we take the other 20157 followups as read?)

    ho, me ok R/W.

    Mabden, Sep 22, 2005