    Just wondering, is there a way to find the current directory? well, i mean
    whats the best way to go about it?

    Cheers

    Advocated, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Advocated

    Arthur Gold Guest

    Advocated wrote:
    > Just wondering, is there a way to find the current directory? well, i mean
    > whats the best way to go about it?

    Alas the `best' way -- indeed *all* ways -- of doing so fall outside of
    the purview of the standard C language, which knows not of directories,
    current or otherwise.

    Please ask in a forum dedicated to your particular platform.

    HTH,
    --ag
    --
    Artie Gold -- Austin, Texas

    Arthur Gold, Dec 29, 2003

  3. Advocated

    CBFalconer Guest

    Advocated wrote:

    > Just wondering, is there a way to find the current directory?
    > well, i mean whats the best way to go about it?

    Probably by asking in a newsgroup dedicated to your operating
    system etc. This is not it.

    --
    Chuck F () ()

    CBFalconer, Dec 29, 2003
  4. Advocated

    Advocated Guest

    "CBFalconer" <> wrote in message
    > Advocated wrote:
    > >
    > > Just wondering, is there a way to find the current directory?
    > > well, i mean whats the best way to go about it?

    > Probably by asking in a newsgroup dedicated to your operating
    > system etc. This is not it.
    >
    > --
    > Chuck F () ()
    > Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.
    > <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net> USE worldnet address!

    What about setting it up yourself? So when the program loads its in a
    directory you specify; maybe as a string?

    Advocated, Dec 29, 2003
  5. Advocated wrote:

    > What about setting it up yourself? So when the program loads its in a
    > directory you specify; maybe as a string?

    There is no portable, standard way to do anything at all involving
    directories. The C language does not support the concept of a directory
    in any way. That's why you should ask in a group that deals with your
    particular operating system.

    -Kevin

    Kevin Goodsell, Dec 29, 2003