Finding Dependencies

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    Eclipse seems to have no trouble figuring dealing with cross package
    dependencies during debugging. However, when it comes time to build
    and sign jars, I wanted to get a list of files that need to go in the
    jar.

    I tried many things but gave me a simple list to feed to jar.exe like
    this:

    om\mindprod\business\Misc.class
    com\mindprod\entities\Entities.class
    com\mindprod\entities\InsertEntities.class
    com\mindprod\entities\StripEntities.class
    com\mindprod\filter\AllDirectoriesFilter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\AllFilesFilter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\ClamFilter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\CommandLine.class
    com\mindprod\filter\DirListFilter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\EverythingFilter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\ExtensionListFilter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\FileLengthFilter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\FileListFilter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\FilenameLengthFilter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\Filter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\MultiFilter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\RecentFilter.class
    com\mindprod\filter\RegexFilter.class
    com\mindprod\hunkio\HunkIO.class
    com\mindprod\hunkio\PrintWriterPlus.class
    com\mindprod\jdisplay\BatCommand.class
    com\mindprod\jdisplay\BatComment.class
    com\mindprod\jdisplay\BatOperator.class
    com\mindprod\jdisplay\BatSemicolon.class
    com\mindprod\jdisplay\BatSeparator.class

    Eclipse exported jars have no manifest or main class entry.
    further they mangle the names of some classes.

    The exported ant stuff has so detailed list.

    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 12, 2005

  2. Roedy Green

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Roedy Green <> wrote or quoted:

    > Eclipse exported jars have no manifest or main class entry.

    ....unless you include your own manifest file.

    See the "Use existing manifest frome workspace" option on page 3
    to do that.

    > further they mangle the names of some classes.

    Did you choose to compress the contents of the exported jar -
    on page 2 of the export dialog?
    --
    __________
    Tim Tyler, Jul 12, 2005

  3. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:08:36 GMT, Tim Tyler <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >Did you choose to compress the contents of the exported jar -
    >on page 2 of the export dialog?

    I was wondering what they meant by that -- some sort of obfuscation or
    just the normal zip compression. You used to have uncompressed jars.

    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 12, 2005
  4. Roedy Green

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Roedy Green <> wrote or quoted:
    > Tim Tyler <> wrote:

    > >Did you choose to compress the contents of the exported jar -
    > >on page 2 of the export dialog?

    > I was wondering what they meant by that -- some sort of obfuscation or
    > just the normal zip compression. You used to have uncompressed jars.

    I had *hoped* they were talking about squeezing the contents of the jar
    file - to reduce download times - along the lines of:

    http://schmidt.devlib.org/java/class-file-optimizers.html

    However - after investigating the issue - it looks as though they
    are simply turning the zip compression code off.

    It looks like you still have to get WASD if you want access to IBM's
    current class-file-squeezing code.
    --
    Tim Tyler, Jul 12, 2005