finding digest/md5.so and compiling ruby cleanly

Peña, Botp

Hi All,

I need tips on how to compile ruby cleanly (Linux ubuntu dapper 6.06 and =
ruby's stable-snapshot). I screwed up my compilation and now ruby =
cannot_ load digest/md5.so. (i recompiled again, still cannot load). =
This happened after i removed /usr/local/lib/ruby directory; thinking of =
course that it's better to recompile from a clean scratch.

Any tips on the md5.so not loading/(or creating)? (I don't have my pc w =
me now, but i'm gathering tips so when i get home, i'd know what to do).

thanks in advance.

kind regards -botp

Peña, Botp

fr Me ( Pe=F1a, Botp [mailto:[email protected]] ):

# I need tips on how to compile ruby cleanly (Linux ubuntu=20
# dapper 6.06 and ruby's stable-snapshot). I screwed up my=20
# compilation and now ruby cannot_ load digest/md5.so. (i=20
# recompiled again, still cannot load). This happened after i=20
# removed /usr/local/lib/ruby directory; thinking of course=20
# that it's better to recompile from a clean scratch.
#=20
# Any tips on the md5.so not loading/(or creating)? (I don't=20
# have my pc w me now, but i'm gathering tips so when i get=20
# home, i'd know what to do).

ok, fyi only, just in case others may encounter this problem. i just =
found out that the snapshot has problems installing/finding the =
extension (be it md5, sha, readline, etc).

solution: i reinstalled (back) using the (older) the stable release =
1.8.5.=20

something is wrong with the stable-snapshot. i don't think it is stable =
enough .. (or maybe snapshots are for upgrades only..)

kind regards -botp