Finding Hidden ASP Variables

robby

I'm working on an ASP page that calls variables from another ASP page
that I am unable to access. Is there any way to call all active
variables from the other page and list them out, so I can find the
variable names that I need to work with?

Anthony Jones

I'm working on an ASP page that calls variables from another ASP page
that I am unable to access. Is there any way to call all active
variables from the other page and list them out, so I can find the
variable names that I need to work with?

An ASP page can not have 'active variables' if it is not currently
executing. You can store values you want to use in other pages in the
Session object e.g.,

'Page1.asp
<%

Session("mystuff") = "Hello World"

%>

'Page2.asp
<%
Response.Write Session("mystuff")
%>

Having hit page1 first page2 generates Hello World as output.

robby

An ASP page can not have 'active variables' if it is not currently
executing. You can store values you want to use in other pages in the
Session object e.g.,

'Page1.asp
<%

Session("mystuff") = "Hello World"

%>

'Page2.asp
<%
Response.Write Session("mystuff")
%>

Having hit page1 first page2 generates Hello World as output.

My problem here is that I cannot see page one, so I'm looking for
something like this...

'Page1.asp
<%
Session("mystuff") = "Hello World"
%>

'Page2.asp
<%
FindAndOutoutVariables (or something that would spit out "mystuff,"
thus allowing me to call the variable)
%>

Bob Barrows [MVP]

My problem here is that I cannot see page one, so I'm looking for
something like this...

'Page1.asp
<%
Session("mystuff") = "Hello World"
%>

'Page2.asp
<%
FindAndOutoutVariables (or something that would spit out "mystuff,"
thus allowing me to call the variable)

dim key
for each key in session
response.write "session(""" & key & """) contains """ & _