    variables from the other page and list them out, so I can find the
    variable names that I need to work with?
    , Jul 3, 2007

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm working on an ASP page that calls variables from another ASP page
    > that I am unable to access. Is there any way to call all active
    > variables from the other page and list them out, so I can find the
    > variable names that I need to work with?

    An ASP page can not have 'active variables' if it is not currently
    executing. You can store values you want to use in other pages in the
    Session object e.g.,

    'Page1.asp
    <%

    Session("mystuff") = "Hello World"

    %>

    'Page2.asp
    <%
    Response.Write Session("mystuff")
    %>

    Having hit page1 first page2 generates Hello World as output.
    Anthony Jones, Jul 3, 2007

    On Jul 3, 1:26 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > I'm working on an ASP page that calls variables from another ASP page
    > > that I am unable to access. Is there any way to call all active
    > > variables from the other page and list them out, so I can find the
    > > variable names that I need to work with?

    > An ASP page can not have 'active variables' if it is not currently
    > executing. You can store values you want to use in other pages in the
    > Session object e.g.,
    >
    > 'Page1.asp
    > <%
    >
    > Session("mystuff") = "Hello World"
    >
    > %>
    >
    > 'Page2.asp
    > <%
    > Response.Write Session("mystuff")
    > %>
    >
    > Having hit page1 first page2 generates Hello World as output.

    My problem here is that I cannot see page one, so I'm looking for
    something like this...

    'Page1.asp
    <%
    Session("mystuff") = "Hello World"
    %>

    'Page2.asp
    <%
    FindAndOutoutVariables (or something that would spit out "mystuff,"
    thus allowing me to call the variable)
    %>
    , Jul 3, 2007
  4. wrote:
    > On Jul 3, 1:26 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> I'm working on an ASP page that calls variables from another ASP
    >>> page that I am unable to access. Is there any way to call all active
    >>> variables from the other page and list them out, so I can find the
    >>> variable names that I need to work with?

    >> An ASP page can not have 'active variables' if it is not currently
    >> executing. You can store values you want to use in other pages in
    >> the Session object e.g.,
    >>
    >> 'Page1.asp
    >> <%
    >>
    >> Session("mystuff") = "Hello World"
    >>
    >> %>
    >>
    >> 'Page2.asp
    >> <%
    >> Response.Write Session("mystuff")
    >> %>
    >>
    >> Having hit page1 first page2 generates Hello World as output.

    > My problem here is that I cannot see page one, so I'm looking for
    > something like this...
    >
    > 'Page1.asp
    > <%
    > Session("mystuff") = "Hello World"
    > %>
    >
    > 'Page2.asp
    > <%
    > FindAndOutoutVariables (or something that would spit out "mystuff,"
    > thus allowing me to call the variable)

    dim key
    for each key in session
    response.write "session(""" & key & """) contains """ & _
    session(key) & """<br>"
    next

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET