Finding information in an Image object

George Smith

I am trying to find a best practice/pattern/great idea solution to a
problem.

My application needs to print a cover sheet that will be scanned in
with a bunch of pages. Then I need to parse thru the scanned images
and for each new cover sheet separate the images into different work
flow situations.

What is the best way to print the cover sheet with application
specific information and then be able to "recognize" it during
parsing?

I am not sure that I want to go to the extreams of OCR or Bar Code
decoding and am looking for a simpler method.

Any one want to offer their 2 cents?

Thanks!
-George

Andrew Thompson

"George Smith" ...
My application needs to print a cover sheet that will be scanned in
with a bunch of pages. Then I need to parse thru the scanned images
and for each new cover sheet separate the images into different work
flow situations.

What is the best way to print the cover sheet with application
specific information and then be able to "recognize" it during
parsing?

AI API? Wetware?
I am not sure that I want to go to the extreams of OCR or Bar Code
decoding and am looking for a simpler method.

......simpler than bar codes??
Any one want to offer their 2 cents?

You have bitten off far more
than you can chew, perhaps 3,