    Any help appreciated.

    Cheers

    Bernd
    bernd, May 24, 2005

  2. Just put this into your Makefile

    rds
    PERL_CFLAGS=`perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ccopts`
    PERL_LIBS=`perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts`
    Guenther Sohler, May 24, 2005

  3. bernd

    phaylon Guest

    bernd wrote:

    > does one of You know how to find out definitely how the perl-binary was
    > compiled, i.e., whether the libraries are dynamically or statically linked?

    A rough check gave me something about Config.pm, see the manpage:
    | The perl executable is obtained by linking perlmain.c with libperl, any
    | static extensions (usually just DynaLoader), and any other libraries
    | needed on this system. libperl is usually libperl.a, but can also be
    | libperl.so.xxx if the user wishes to build a perl executable with a
    | shared library.

    hth,p

    --
    http://www.dunkelheit.at/

    The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.
    -- Aleister Crowley
    phaylon, May 24, 2005