Finding simple Java class for implementation of text recognition

cumlibrisnonsolus

Hello you all.

I am in a hobby project and would need a easy-to-use Java class or
component I can use more or less out of the box in my project for
simple text recognition. I want to compare one or more pieces of text
with one or more pieces of text to get some sort of indication if (1)
the information is auto-generated and (2) the writer is the same
person.

Do not look for a high probability, have from a small to medium amount
of text material to work with, just need something that can raise a
red flag and merit human attention in some cases.

Any hints on where I should go looking?

As a small side-question, I'd also appriciate info on similar open-
source class/component to scramble (or rather perform simple
encryption).

/Thanks

Abhijat Vatsyayan

Hello you all.

I am in a hobby project and would need a easy-to-use Java class or
component I can use more or less out of the box in my project for
simple text recognition. I want to compare one or more pieces of text
with one or more pieces of text to get some sort of indication if (1)
the information is auto-generated and (2) the writer is the same
person.

Do not look for a high probability, have from a small to medium amount
of text material to work with, just need something that can raise a
red flag and merit human attention in some cases.

Any hints on where I should go looking?

As a small side-question, I'd also appriciate info on similar open-
source class/component to scramble (or rather perform simple
encryption).

/Thanks
I have tried using tesseract-ocr , a project hosted at code.google . I
installed it on a linux box and called it using runtime.exec from Java
but the results of tesseract-ocr were pretty bad. I suspect it was me; I
probably needed to look more into configuration (training and testing).
I would suggest looking into it if you do not mind invoking it through
exec.

[...]

What do you mean by auto-generated? Do you mean machine generated as
opposed to hand-written? I am also confused about what you mean by
"writer is the same person". Are you trying to do handwriting
recognition to figure out who the writer is (or figure out all text
written by the same person)?

Abhijat