Finding SMTP host and port knowing the e-mail address using JAVA API

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andreea, Apr 21, 2012.

  1. Andreea

    Andreea

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    0down votefavorite

    share [g+]share [fb]share [tw]

    I have a question and maybe you can help me. I made a simple application to send e-mails using Java API.

    And I need to know if:

    Is there any way to find out the SMTP host knowing the e-mail address of the one who will login to send an e-mail? And also the port?

    For example, if the sender's e-mail address is sender@gmail.com , the SMTP host is smtp.gmail.com and the port 465. If the sender's e-mail address is sender@yahoo.com, the SMTP host is smtp.yahoomail.com and the port 25.

    Supposing I don't know this, is there any way to find this information using Java API classes? :)

    Please note that I'm new in both JAVA and JAVA Api.. :)

    Thanks in advance,

    Andreea

    Andreea, Apr 21, 2012