finding source jsp from web page

news.amnet.net.au

Hi

I would like to find the source jsp that creates a particular web page which
happens to be past of Oracle Portal (which is very large and complex). Is
there any easy way to "trace back" the source jsp from a particular web
page?

Thanks

Hugo

?

=?Windows-1252?B?UmH6bA==?=

Hi
I would like to find the source jsp that creates a particular web page which
happens to be past of Oracle Portal (which is very large and complex). Is
there any easy way to "trace back" the source jsp from a particular web
page?

JSP pages are compiled and executed in the server, therefore it is impossible to get the source code from a client :-(

Gerbrand van Dieijen

Hi

I would like to find the source jsp that creates a particular web page which
happens to be past of Oracle Portal (which is very large and complex). Is
there any easy way to "trace back" the source jsp from a particular web
page?

A jsp will be (automatically) converted to a servlet, .java file.
Where this files is located depends on your application server.

If you use Linux/Unix you could use the locate or find command to find the
file (like locate \*myjspfilewithoutjspextesion\*.java, \ before * is
needed so the * gets passed on the locate command instead of being
expanded by the shell).