    page?

    Thanks

    Hugo

    news.amnet.net.au, Oct 1, 2003

  2. > Hi

    > I would like to find the source jsp that creates a particular web page which
    > happens to be past of Oracle Portal (which is very large and complex). Is
    > there any easy way to "trace back" the source jsp from a particular web
    > page?

    JSP pages are compiled and executed in the server, therefore it is impossible to get the source code from a client :-(

    =?Windows-1252?B?UmH6bA==?=, Oct 1, 2003

  3. On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:01:34 +0800, news.amnet.net.au wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >I would like to find the source jsp that creates a particular web page which
    >happens to be past of Oracle Portal (which is very large and complex). Is
    >there any easy way to "trace back" the source jsp from a particular web
    >page?

    A jsp will be (automatically) converted to a servlet, .java file.
    Where this files is located depends on your application server.

    If you use Linux/Unix you could use the locate or find command to find the
    file (like locate \*myjspfilewithoutjspextesion\*.java, \ before * is
    needed so the * gets passed on the locate command instead of being
    expanded by the shell).

    --
    Gerbrand van Dieijen

    Gerbrand van Dieijen, Oct 1, 2003