finding the name of a dll from within itself...

rory

I'm writing a simple ladspa audio plugin which reads from a setup file
which determines how the plugin will work. The plugin is a simple dll
and my idea is that when the plugin launches it finds out it's name and
then looks for the setup file with the same name. Users can then copy
the dummy dll file, change it's name, write a new setup file with the
same name as the copied dll and they have a new plugin. Is there anyway
I can find out the name of the dll? One last thing, I would like if
it's at all possible for this to compile on all major plaftorms...

Rory.

Victor Bazarov

rory said:
I'm writing a simple ladspa audio plugin which reads from a setup file
which determines how the plugin will work. The plugin is a simple dll
and my idea is that when the plugin launches it finds out it's name
and then looks for the setup file with the same name. Users can then
copy the dummy dll file, change it's name, write a new setup file
with the same name as the copied dll and they have a new plugin. Is
there anyway I can find out the name of the dll? One last thing, I
would like if it's at all possible for this to compile on all major
plaftorms...

No, in Standard C++ there is no way to do what you want. You need to
ask in the newsgroup dedicated to the platform. If there are portable
(multiplatform) solutions, you will learn about them there.

rory

Victor said:
No, in Standard C++ there is no way to do what you want. You need to
ask in the newsgroup dedicated to the platform. If there are portable
(multiplatform) solutions, you will learn about them there.

Cheers.