Finding the selected file in Windows Explorer

domiriel

Hi!

I need to find the selected file(s) in a Windows Explorer window from
another program (I'd look at the window that last had focus). I found
something in the following page that should do the trick:

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/07/20/188696.aspx

However, it is not Python and, while I'm a competent Python
programmer, Win32, COM and the like are somewhat outside my
competences.

Does any one know how to do something similar in Python?

Tks!
Domiriel

Mike Driscoll

Hi!

I need to find the selected file(s) in a Windows Explorer window from
another program (I'd look at the window that last had focus). I found
something in the following page that should do the trick:

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/07/20/188696.aspx

However, it is not Python and, while I'm a competent Python
programmer, Win32, COM and the like are somewhat outside my
competences.

Does any one know how to do something similar in Python?

Tks!
Domiriel

I think the guys on the PyWin32 mailing list were just talking about
something similar earlier this month. Looks like it was how to select
a file in Explorer. You can check out that thread here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html

Or just join their mailing list and re-post your question there:

They're quite nice and very knowledgeable.

Mike

domiriel