    Tks!
    Domiriel
    , Apr 21, 2008

  2. On Apr 21, 9:44 am, wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I need to find the selected file(s) in a Windows Explorer window from
    > another program (I'd look at the window that last had focus). I found
    > something in the following page that should do the trick:
    >
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/07/20/188696.aspx
    >
    > However, it is not Python and, while I'm a competent Python
    > programmer, Win32, COM and the like are somewhat outside my
    > competences.
    >
    > Does any one know how to do something similar in Python?
    >
    > Tks!
    > Domiriel

    I think the guys on the PyWin32 mailing list were just talking about
    something similar earlier this month. Looks like it was how to select
    a file in Explorer. You can check out that thread here:

    http://www.mail-archive.com//maillist.html

    Or just join their mailing list and re-post your question there:

    They're quite nice and very knowledgeable.

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Apr 21, 2008

    Will do! Tks!

    Domiriel

    On Apr 21, 4:12 pm, Mike Driscoll <> wrote:
    > On Apr 21, 9:44 am, wrote:
    >

    > > Hi!

    > > I need to find the selected file(s) in a Windows Explorer window from
    > > another program (I'd look at the window that last had focus). I found
    > > something in the following page that should do the trick:

    > >http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/07/20/188696.aspx

    > > However, it is not Python and, while I'm a competent Python
    > > programmer, Win32, COM and the like are somewhat outside my
    > > competences.

    > > Does any one know how to do something similar in Python?

    > > Tks!
    > > Domiriel

    > I think the guys on the PyWin32 mailing list were just talking about
    > something similar earlier this month. Looks like it was how to select
    > a file in Explorer. You can check out that thread here:
    >
    > http://www.mail-archive.com//maillist.html
    >
    > Or just join their mailing list and re-post your question there:

    > They're quite nice and very knowledgeable.
    >
    > Mike
    , Apr 22, 2008