Finding this newsgroup is not easy

Martin

Hi, I'm using the web based reader at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups to read this newsgroup and I
was having some problems finding the newsgroup inside the huge hierarchy of
groups.
Is there any particular reason why this group is "hidden" inside/below
"English -> Developer Discussions -> Data Access Components -> .NET Framework
-> ASP.net"?

Especially the "Data Access Components" Folder makes it hard to find this
group.

Juan T. Llibre

Why don't you use a standard newsreader to read this newsgroup,
instead of reading it via the web interface.

Just point any standard news reader, like Outlook Express or Forte Agent, to :

server : msnews.microsoft.com
Port : 119

You don't need to provide credentials.
You'll be surprised at how much easier/faster it is to follow the newsgroup via NNTP.

Martin

Hi Juan, I'm very well aware of that possibility, but that's not an answer to
my question :)
Or to put it the other way around: why does microsoft offer a web based
reader if it should not be used?

One reason to use the web based reader is that it allows to set up
notifications for replies. Another one would be that sometimes I do not have
a newsreader available.