    I'm happy with all the currently controllable settings--its just that
    they're in just big groups--being able to enable/disable smaller sets
    (or individual options) would be fantastic.

    Gully Foyle, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Gully Foyle wrote:

    > Hi,

    Moin!

    > Are there plans to provide more control over the security options
    > currently handled by $SAFE?
    > The four $SAFE levels currently enable/disable dozens of options and it
    > would be nice if each option (or much smaller sets of options) can be
    > controlled in the future.

    I agree with this, offering more control over such important aspects is
    a good thing and I'd rather remember a few symbols with meaningful names
    than four magic numbers and the changes they cause.

    Regards,
    Florian Gross

    Florian Gross, Jul 18, 2004

  3. il Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:15:31 +0200, Florian Gross <> ha
    scritto::

    >I agree with this, offering more control over such important aspects is
    >a good thing and I'd rather remember a few symbols with meaningful names
    >than four magic numbers and the changes they cause.

    +1 from me.

    gabriele renzi, Jul 18, 2004
  4. Hi,

    In message "Fine Grained Security in Ruby 2.0?"
    on 04/07/18, Gully Foyle <> writes:

    |Are there plans to provide more control over the security options
    |currently handled by $SAFE?

    No plan. Just because I don't have any good idea for fine grain
    security. It's way harder to design finer grain security in Ruby than
    other language with limited set of basic operation. If someone has
    any good design, tell me, or submit RCR.

    matz.

    Yukihiro Matsumoto, Jul 18, 2004