Finite State Machine GUI editor in python?

Hendrik van Rooyen

I have spent some time googling and on wiki and came up with
pyFSA in python. It may end up being useful, but it is not directly
what I am looking for, as there is no GUI that I can see.

I know about SMC, but it is not Python, and I can't find the gui.

This looks good, but it seems to be in a Latin based language
and I am linguistically challenged:

http://www.ucse.edu.ar/fma/sepa/edt.htm

I am looking for a similar front end, going from pretty pictures of
state diagrams to some sort of state machine descriptor language
or specification file, and I am not very fussy about the format of
the output at this stage.

Does anyone know of such an animal that is FOSS? - if written in
Python it will be a bonus!

It will also help if its in a language I can understand. : - (

- Hendrik

kib

Hendrik van Rooyen a écrit :
I have spent some time googling and on wiki and came up with
pyFSA in python. It may end up being useful, but it is not directly
what I am looking for, as there is no GUI that I can see.

I know about SMC, but it is not Python, and I can't find the gui.

This looks good, but it seems to be in a Latin based language
and I am linguistically challenged:

http://www.ucse.edu.ar/fma/sepa/edt.htm

I am looking for a similar front end, going from pretty pictures of
state diagrams to some sort of state machine descriptor language
or specification file, and I am not very fussy about the format of
the output at this stage.

Does anyone know of such an animal that is FOSS? - if written in
Python it will be a bonus!

It will also help if its in a language I can understand. : - (

Hi Hendrik,

I've bookmarked these ones :

http://www.univ-paris12.fr/lacl/pommereau/tlf/index.html [in French]
http://www.ncc.up.pt/~nam/ [look at the FAdo project]
http://www.cs.usfca.edu/~jbovet/vas.html [written in Java]

I hope it helps you,

Christophe.

Alexander Schliep

I am looking for a similar front end, going from pretty pictures of
state diagrams to some sort of state machine descriptor language
or specification file, and I am not very fussy about the format of
the output at this stage.

In case nothing better comes up and you want to code it yourself: Our
Hidden Markov Model library GHMM (http://ghmm.org) has a graphical
editor with XML output.

Maybe http://networkx.lanl.gov/ or other general Python graph packages
have what you want. Also check out http://www.graphviz.org/

Best,
Alexander

MonkeeSage

I have spent some time googling and on wiki and came up with
pyFSA in python. It may end up being useful, but it is not directly
what I am looking for, as there is no GUI that I can see.

I know about SMC, but it is not Python, and I can't find the gui.

This looks good, but it seems to be in a Latin based language
and I am linguistically challenged:

http://www.ucse.edu.ar/fma/sepa/edt.htm

I am looking for a similar front end, going from pretty pictures of
state diagrams to some sort of state machine descriptor language
or specification file, and I am not very fussy about the format of
the output at this stage.

Does anyone know of such an animal that is FOSS? - if written in
Python it will be a bonus!

It will also help if its in a language I can understand. : - (

- Hendrik

This looks interesting (and GPL'd :)

http://www46.homepage.villanova.edu/timothy.m.white/ [java]

Regards,