fink dependency problem: python23-shlib

Gary

I'm trying to install various things via fink, in particular
numeric-py23.

The process stops with a dependency error:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python23:
python23 depends on python23-shlibs (= 2.3-1); however:
Version of python23-shlibs on system is 1:2.3-1.

fink list -i python shows that python23-shlibs is installed, but
python23 is not. But python2.3 itself seems to run just fine.
Attempts to install python23 end in the same error. I've tried to
remove and reinstall python23-shlibs, I've tried to purge
python23-shlibs, I've tried to purge and reinstall everything related
to python23, with the same results each time.

I have the unstable packages opened up by mods to fink.conf.

What's the difference between version 1:2.3-1 and 2.3-1 ???

Oddly, I've installed everything on another Mac (all macs are OSX
10.2.6) and I don't remember having any problems like this.

Any idea what's up??
-gary