FIR coefficients

jack kilby

hello all,
I am currently working with FIR filter.Here i get the coefficients as
deciamal values like
-0.000467744403
0.000802870932
-0.000000000000
-0.001041888331
0.000768540238
0.000930750510
-0.001834127637
0.000000000000
0.002708566451.......
i have to perform the filtering with 15 bit input line and 16 bit
output line.
can anyone suggest me how to store these coefficients in memory as
binary and convert them back.
i am currently using an approach of multiplying it with 1024 and
storing the binary equivalent in memory and then after provcessing
perform 10 times left shift,but its not so accurate ,kindly help me
out
thanks and regards
jack

Jacky Renaux

I Jack

if you multiply all coefficients by 1024 and 512 (1024*512)
you will have 15 bits coefficients (from the coefficients
values you showed)
and can get only de most significants bits you need

Now you'll have to select the best appropriate structure
implementation depending on devices ressources and
sampling frequency

- you need x multipliers (15 - # zero'ed coefficients)
- distributed arithmetic implementation

regards

jacky