FIR filter design + COE file

Yttrium

hey,

I'm using the Xilinx CoreGenerator for the first time because i need a FIR
filter and saw the DA FIR in the IPCore library and found it really usefull
in this design. The only problem is dat i don't find how to generate a COE
file?
So i don't know how to turn a floating point coefficients (which i found
through firdes or matlab) into a COE file?

thanx in advance,

kind regards,

Yttrium

Hari

Yttrium said:
hey,

I'm using the Xilinx CoreGenerator for the first time because i need a FIR
filter and saw the DA FIR in the IPCore library and found it really usefull
in this design. The only problem is dat i don't find how to generate a COE
file?
So i don't know how to turn a floating point coefficients (which i found
through firdes or matlab) into a COE file?

thanx in advance,

kind regards,

Yttrium

Hi ,
.coe file just to store ur data/coeffs. I had used coe file for a
ROM. u can just type a coe , u can create a coe file on a notepad and
save it as .coe.
I guess u need to mention radix and then the data. u can refer the
help notes on xilinx core gen.

Hari