Fire multiple events when AutoPostBack = True

John Oakes

I have a TextBox with AutoPostBack = True. Often a user needs to click
directly from this control to a RadioButtonList. Because the TextBox
immediately posts back, the RadioButtonList selection doesn't get changed
and the user has to click it a second time. I would have the RadioButtonList
auto post back rather than the text box; however, often the user doesn't
need to select the RadioButtonList, but the form still needs to post back
after the text is changed in the text box. Any ideas how to resolve this so
that selecting another control directly from a text box that auto posts back
will still be recognized? Thanks!

-John Oakes

John Saunders

John Oakes said:
I have a TextBox with AutoPostBack = True. Often a user needs to click
directly from this control to a RadioButtonList. Because the TextBox
immediately posts back, the RadioButtonList selection doesn't get changed
and the user has to click it a second time. I would have the RadioButtonList
auto post back rather than the text box; however, often the user doesn't
need to select the RadioButtonList, but the form still needs to post back
after the text is changed in the text box. Any ideas how to resolve this so
that selecting another control directly from a text box that auto posts back
will still be recognized? Thanks!

No. AutoPostback for the text box implies that there's no chance to click on
another control.