Firebug - how to retrieve/manipulate an object inspected in the DOMtab (similar to $0 for the HTML t

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Lobo, Jul 29, 2010.

  1. Lobo

    Lobo Guest

    I've posted the following message on the firebug group, but so far no
    response.

    http://groups.google.com/group/firebug/browse_thread/thread/9504674b8817692b

    So I'll try here in case any of you know the answer ...

    How can I retrieve via variable an object inspected in the DOM tab?.

    If I execute somewhere in my javascript code
    [ console.log(anObject) ], then how can I assign and manipulate that
    object from the console?.

    I need a similar behavior as "$0" (which applies to the HTML tab) but
    for the DOM tab.

    Many thanks.

    Lobo

    Lobo, Jul 29, 2010

  2. Re: Firebug - how to retrieve/manipulate an object inspected in the DOM tab (similar to $0 for the HTML tab)?

    Lobo wrote:

    > I've posted the following message on the firebug group, but so far no
    > response.

    http://groups.google.com/group/firebug/browse_thread/thread/9504674b8817692b

    Probably because you need to ask that question the smart way.

    > So I'll try here in case any of you know the answer ...
    >
    > How can I retrieve via variable an object inspected in the DOM tab?.

    You can't "retrieve via variable an object".

    > If I execute somewhere in my javascript code
    > [ console.log(anObject) ], then how can I assign and manipulate that
    > object from the console?.

    `anObject' is a reference to your object, so …

    > I need a similar behavior as "$0" (which applies to the HTML tab) but
    > for the DOM tab.

    You can't select an object in the DOM tab like a node in the HTML tab, so …

    PointedEars
    --
    realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
    evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict